Terms of Service
Last Modified: Jan 5, 2015.
- Thank you for using BUCKiTDREAM!
- You are responsible for your use of the Services, for any Content you post to the Services, and for any consequences thereof. The Content you submit, post, or display will be able to be viewed by other users of the Services and through third party services and websites. You should only provide Content that you are comfortable sharing with others under these Terms.
- You may use the Services only if you can form a binding contract with us and are not a person barred from receiving services under the laws of the United States or other applicable jurisdiction. If you are accepting these Terms and using the Services on behalf of a company, organization, government, or other legal entity, you represent and warrant that you are authorized to do so. You may use the Services only in compliance with these Terms and all applicable local, state, national, and international laws, rules and regulations.
- The Services that we provide are always evolving and the form and nature of the Services that we provide may change from time to time without prior notice to you. In addition, we may stop (permanently or temporarily) providing the Services (or any features within the Services) to you or to users generally and may not be able to provide you with prior notice. We also retain the right to create limits on use and storage at our sole discretion at any time without prior notice to you.
- The Services may include advertisements, which may be targeted to the Content or information on the Services, queries made through the Services, or other information. The types and extent of advertising by the Company on the Services are subject to change. In consideration for granting you access to and use of the Services, you agree that we and our parent, third party providers and partners may place such advertising on the Services or in connection with the display of Content or information from the Services whether submitted by you or others.
- You are responsible for safeguarding the password or credentials that you use to access the Services and for any activities or actions under your account. We encourage you to use “strong” passwords (passwords that use a combination of upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols) with your account and with other accounts that you may connect to your BUCKiTDREAM account (such as Facebook, Twitter or your email). We cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with the above requirements.
- You acknowledge that your account is personal to you and agree not to provide any other person with access to the Services or portions of it using your user name, password or other security information. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your user name or password or any other breach of security. You also agree to ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. You should use particular caution when accessing your account from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view or record your password or other personal information.
- The Services may contain message boards, chat rooms, personal web pages or profiles, forums, bulletin boards and other interactive features (collectively, ) that allow users to post, submit, publish, display or transmit to other users or other persons (hereinafter, ) content or materials (collectively, ) on or through the Services.
- All User Content, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, is the sole responsibility of the person who originated such User Content. You represent and warrant that you own or control all rights in and to the User Content and have the right to grant the license granted below to us and our affiliates and services providers, and each of their and our respective licenses, successors and assigns. We may, but are not required to monitor or control the User Content posted via the Services and we cannot take responsibility for such User Content. Any use or reliance on any User Content or materials posted via the User Content or obtained by you through the Services is at your own risk.
- You understand and acknowledge that you are responsible for any User Content you submit or contribute, and you, not the Company, have fully responsibility for such content, including its legality, reliability, accuracy and appropriateness. We do not endorse, support, represent or guarantee the completeness, truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of any User Content or communications posted via the Services or endorse any opinions expressed via the Services. You understand that by using the Services, you may be exposed to User Content that might be offensive, harmful, inaccurate or otherwise inappropriate, or in some cases, postings that have been mislabeled or are otherwise deceptive. Under no circumstances will we be liable in any way for any User Content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any User Content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any User Content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via the Services or broadcast elsewhere.
- Following termination or deactivation of your account, or if you remove any User Content from the Services, we may retain your User Content for a commercially reasonable period of time for backup, archival, or audit purposes. Furthermore, we and our users may retain and continue to use, store, display, reproduce, re-pin, modify, create derivative works, perform, and distribute any of your User Content that other users have stored or shared through the Services.
- You retain your rights to any User Content you submit, post or display on or through the Services. By submitting, posting or displaying User Content on or through the Services, you grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license (with the right to sublicense) to use, copy, reproduce, process, adapt, modify, publish, transmit, display and distribute such User Content in any and all media or distribution methods (now known or later developed).
- You agree that this license includes the right for us to provide, promote, and improve the Services and to make User Content submitted to or through the Services available to other companies, organizations or individuals who partner with us for the syndication, broadcast, distribution or publication of such User Content on other media and services, subject to our terms and conditions for such User Content use. Such additional uses by us, or other companies, organizations or individuals who partner with us, may be made with no compensation paid to you with respect to the User Content that you submit, post, transmit or otherwise make available through the Services.
- We may modify or adapt your User Content in order to transmit, display or distribute it over computer networks and in various media and/or make changes to your User Content as are necessary to conform and adapt that User Content to any requirements or limitations of any networks, devices, services or media. For example, if you choose to share a video through your connected Twitter account, we will adapt your User Content so that it can be attached to a Tweet in a Twitter card.
- You are responsible for your use of the Services, for any User Content you provide, and for any consequences thereof, including the use of your User Content by other users and our third party partners. You understand that your User Content may be syndicated, broadcast, distributed, or published by our partners and if you do not have the right to submit User Content for such use, it may subject you to liability. We will not be responsible or liable for any use of your User Content if used in accordance with these Terms. You represent and warrant that you have all the rights, power and authority necessary to grant the rights granted herein to any User Content that you submit.
Your License to Use the Services
- We give you a personal, worldwide, royalty-free, non-assignable, non-exclusive and revocable license to use the Services. This license is for the sole purpose of enabling you to use and enjoy the benefit of the Services as provided by us, in the manner permitted by these Terms. In the event we revoke your license to use the Services, you agree to cease any further use of the Services and to remove our software or applications from your device or computer.
- BUCKiTDREAM, Inc., BUCKiTDREAM, the BUCKiTDREAM logo and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans are our trademarks or the trademarks of our affiliates or licensors. You must not use such marks without our prior written permission. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans on the Services are the trademarks of their respective owners.
- All right, title, and interest in and to the Services and the Content but excluding any User Content, are and will remain our exclusive property and of our licensors. The Services are protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of both the United States and foreign countries. We reserve all rights not expressly granted in these Terms. You must not reproduce, distribute, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, republish, download, store or transmit any of the Content on the Services or the Services itself, except as provided and in accordance with in these Terms:
If you wish to make any use of material on Services other than that set out in this section, please address your request to: support@BUCKiTDREAM.com. You acknowledge and agree that any feedback, comments, or suggestions you may provide regarding us or the Services is entirely voluntary and we will be free to use such feedback, comments or suggestions as we see fit and without any obligation to you.
Restrictions on User Content and Use of the Services
- We reserve the right at all times (but will not have an obligation) to remove or refuse to distribute any User Content on the Services and to suspend terminate users or reclaim usernames and profile URLs without liability to you. You may not post User Content that:
- Impersonates another person or entity in a manner that does or is intended to mislead, confuse, or deceive others;
- Violates the rights of a third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, and publicity rights;
- Is a direct and specific threat of violence to others;
- Is furtherance of illegal activities; or
- Is harassing, abusive, or constitutes spam.
- May be deemed pornographic or otherwise offensive.
- You may not do any of the following while accessing or using the Services: (i) access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the Services, our computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of our providers; (ii) probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any system or network or breach or circumvent any security or authentication measures; (iii) access or search or attempt to access or search the Services by any means (automated or otherwise) other than through our currently available, published interfaces that are provided by the Company (and only pursuant to those terms and conditions), unless you have been specifically allowed to do so in a separate agreement with us (NOTE: crawling the Services is permissible if done in accordance with the provisions of the robots.txt file, however, scraping the Services without the prior consent of the Company is expressly prohibited); (iv) forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or posting, or in any way use the Services to send altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information; (v) interfere with, or disrupt, (or attempt to do so), the access of any user, host or network, including, without limitation, sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, mail-bombing the Services, or by scripting the creation of Content in such a manner as to interfere with or create an undue burden on the Services; (vi) reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, decode or adapt the Service, or otherwise attempt to derive or gain access to the source code of the Service, in whole or in part; (vii) bypass or breach any security device or protection used for or contained in the Service; or (viii) use the Service in any manner or for any purpose that infringes, misappropriates or otherwise violates any intellectual property right or other right of any person, or that violates any applicable law.
- We respect the intellectual property rights of others and expect users of the Services to do the same. We will respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with applicable law and are properly provided to us. If you believe that your Content has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide us with the following information: (i) a physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on their behalf; (ii) identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed; (iii) identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material; (iv) your contact information, including your address, telephone number, and an email address; (v) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and (vi) a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner. You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the requirements of this Section 5(D), your DMCA notice may not be valid.
- We reserve the right to remove Content alleged to be infringing without prior notice and at our sole discretion. In appropriate circumstances, we will also terminate a user's account if the user is determined to be a repeat infringer. Our designated copyright agent for notice of alleged copyright infringement appearing on the Services is:
Copyright Agent – BUCKiTDREAM, Inc.
2613 Manhattan Beach Blvd, Suite 100
Redondo Beach, CA 90278
- The Terms will continue to apply until terminated by either you or the Company as follows:
We will make reasonable efforts to notify you by the email address associated with your account or through the Services the next time you attempt to access your account. In all such cases, the Terms shall terminate, including, without limitation, your license to use the Services, except that the following sections shall continue to apply: 4, 5, 7, 8, 10, 11, and 12. Nothing in this section shall affect our rights to change, limit or stop the provision of the Services without prior notice, as provided above in section 1.
- a. You may end your legal agreement with the Company at any time for any reason by deactivating your accounts and discontinuing your use of the Services.
- b. We may suspend or terminate your accounts or cease providing you with all or part of the Services at any time for any reason, including, but not limited to, if we reasonably believe: (i) you have violated these Terms, (ii) you create risk or possible legal exposure for us; or (iii) our provision of the Services to you is no longer commercially viable.
In event of termination, we are not required to return any of your User Content to you. We suggest you retain a copy of any and all User Content.
Disclaimers and Limitations of Liability
- Please read this section carefully since it limits our liability and its owners, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, related companies, officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, partners, and licensors (collectively, the “BUCKiTDREAM Entities”). Each of the subsections below only applies up to the maximum extent permitted under applicable law. Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of implied warranties or the limitation of liability in contracts, and as a result the contents of this section may not apply to you. Nothing in this section is intended to limit any rights you may have which may not be lawfully limited.;
In no event shall the aggregate liability of the buckitdream entities exceed the greater of one hundred u.S. Dollars (u.S. $100.00) or the amount you paid buckitdream, if any, in the past six months for the services giving rise to the claim.
- a. The services are available “as-is”. Your access to and use of the services or any content is at your own risk. You understand and agree that the services are provided to you on an “as is” and “as available” basis. Without limiting the foregoing, buckitdream entities disclaim all warranties and conditions, whether express or implied, of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. BUCKiTDREAM Entities make no warranty and disclaim all responsibility and liability for: (i) the completeness, accuracy, availability, timeliness, security or reliability of the Services or any Content; (ii) any harm to your computer system, loss of data, or other harm that results from your access to or use of the Services, or any Content; (iii) the deletion of, or the failure to store or to transmit, any Content and other communications maintained by the Services; (iv) whether the Services will meet your requirements or be available on an uninterrupted, secure, or error-free basis. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained from BUCKiTDREAM Entities or through the Services, will create any warranty not expressly made herein.
- b. Links. The Services may contain links to third-party websites or resources. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible or liable for: (i) the availability or accuracy of such websites or resources; or (ii) the content, products, or services on or available from such websites or resources. Links to such websites or resources do not imply any endorsement by BUCKiTDREAM Entities of such websites or resources or the content, products, or services available from such websites or resources. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from your use of any such websites or resources.
- c. Limitation of liability. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the buckitdream entities shall not be liable for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages, or any loss of profits or revenues, whether incurred directly or indirectly, or any loss of data, use, good-will, or other intangible losses, resulting from (i) your access to or use of or inability to access or use the services; (ii) any conduct or content of any third party on the services, including without limitation, any defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of other users or third parties; (iii) any content obtained from the services; or (iv) unauthorized access, use or alteration of your transmissions or content.
The limitations of this subsection shall apply to any theory of liability, whether based on warranty, contract, statute, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, and whether or not the buckitdream entities have been informed of the possibility of any such damage, and even if a remedy set forth herein is found to have failed of its essential purpose.
- Waiver and Severability. Our failure to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not be deemed a waiver of such right or provision. In the event that any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable, then that provision will be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary, and the remaining provisions of these Terms will remain in full force and effect.
- Controlling Law and Jurisdiction. These Terms and any action related thereto will be governed by the laws of the State of Washington without regard to or application of its conflict of law provisions or your state or country of residence. All claims, legal proceedings or litigation arising in connection with the Services will be brought solely in the federal or state courts located in King County, Washington, and you consent to the jurisdiction of and venue in such courts and waive any objection as to inconvenient forum.
If you are a federal, state, or local government entity in the United States using the Services in your official capacity and legally unable to accept the controlling law, jurisdiction or venue clauses above, then those clauses do not apply to you. For such U.S. federal government entities, these Terms and any action related thereto will be governed by the laws of the United States of America (without reference to conflict of laws) and, in the absence of federal law and to the extent permitted under federal law, the laws of the State of Washington (excluding choice of law).
- Arbitration: for any dispute you have with us, you agree to first contact us and attempt to resolve the dispute with us informally. If we have not been able to resolve the dispute with you informally, we each agree to resolve any claim, dispute, or controversy (excluding claims for injunctive or other equitable relief) arising out of or in connection with or relating to these terms by binding arbitration by the american arbitration association (“aaa”) or such other arbitration service as we may mutually agree under the commercial arbitration rules and supplementary procedures for consumer related disputes then in effect for the aaa, except as provided herein. Unless you and we agree otherwise, the arbitration will be conducted in the king county, washington. Each party will be responsible for paying any aaa filing, administrative and arbitrator fees in accordance with aaa rules. The award rendered by the arbitrator shall include costs of arbitration, reasonable attorneys' fees and reasonable costs for expert and other witnesses, and any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction. Nothing in this section shall prevent either party from seeking injunctive or other equitable relief from the courts for matters related to data security, intellectual property or unauthorized access to the service. Unless otherwise prohibited by the arbitration jurisdiction or other applicable law, all claims must be brought in the parties' individual capacity, and not as a plaintiff or class member in any purported class or representative proceeding, and, unless we agree otherwise, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person's claims. You agree that, by entering into these terms, you are each waiving the right to a trial by jury.
- Assignment, these Terms, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by us without restriction. Any attempted transfer or assignment in violation hereof shall be null and void.
Changes to our Terms
- We may revise these Terms from time to time, the most current version will always be at http://www.buckitdream.com/terms. If the revision, in our sole discretion, is material we will notify you via email to the email associated with your account or through the Services. If you do not wish to be bound by any such revisions to the Terms, you must end these Terms with us as set forth in Section 10 above. By continuing to access or use the Services after those revisions become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised Terms.
- These Services are operated and provided by BUCKiTDREAM, Inc., 2613 Manhattan Beach Blvd, Suite 100 Redondo Beach, CA 90278. If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us.
Questions: Please contact us at support@BUCKiTDREAM.com.
© 2017 (BUCKiTDREAM, INC.). All rights reserved.